Whistle While You Work...

And when your done you'll groan in pain. 
We have been working hard on the house and its been working on us. 
We have gotten all the of the flooring ripped up. 

And these are my tools of the day
                                                   Knee Pads and needle nose pilers.
 You say "Bethany? What are you doing?"

This! BLOODY! HORRIBLE STAPLES ! 
I pulled hundreds! HUNDREDS! Of staples!
And this was just the stair case. Every. single. carpeted. room. was like this. 

So while I did this method on the stair case, we used a side walk edger (which back in the day in my great-grandma's barn we used one as a manure scraper.) It knocked the staples out pretty well, even though we will still have to go through the house and pull the stragglers.

And the discovery of the day while Dean was rolling up 
the carpet padding in the living room,
we found this under this padding....
Who Carpets over a brick hearth? 
We love this find and can't wait to make that entire fireplace 
a focal point in the living room.

And in the mean time I have pulled off the first layer of wallpaper of the living room wall. 

and this the next and last layer from the 1930's

and I think it was beautiful in its day. 
But its been a bite to remove! Because its stuck right to lath and plaster with
 the good old wall paper paste of the day. 


This little spot was 15 minutes of scraping.


I have also started removing wallpaper from baby girls room.
This was 30 min of hard work.

Got to call it a day. But please, tell me your wall paper, carpet staple stories!
Cause we could use all your lovely advice on this. 

Comments

  1. Have you tried a steamer? and I have a tack puller that works so much easier than needle nose pliers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also going to suggest a steamer, esp. for the old paper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer has begun!

Soup its Whats for Supper !